The Energypath 2018 conference will focus on the theme of Grid Integration. Grid Integration
is an increasingly critical issue as the demand for electricity rises along with the growing need for
reliable and diverse sources of electricity. Although progress has been made to improve grid stability
and resiliency, more needs to be done to integrate renewables, batteries, and vehicles into the electric
grid. This conference will evaluate the challenges of grid integration and discuss viable solutions.
Opening Plenary Speaker
Dr. Rudy Shankar, Ph.D.
“Integration Considerations for the 21st Century Grid”
“Renewable Energy on the Electric Grid”
The breakout sessions will include:
• “Net Zero Building” by Edward McGraw of Ashley McGraw Architects
• “Connecting Anaerobic Digesters to the Grid” by Manaf Faran of EMG International
• “Distributed Energy Resources” by Rebecca Wingenroth of Electric Power Research Institute
• “Advanced Biofuels: Transportation, Cooking and Energy Storage” by Joann Ivancic of Advances Biofuels
• “Connecting Solar to the Grid” by Matt Tripoli of ET Capital
• “Finding Pennsylvania’s Solar Future” by Rob Altenburg of Penn Future
• “Enabling Extreme Real-Time Grid Integration of Solar Energy (ENERGISE)” by Megan Toomey of PP&L Electric
• And more!