- This event has passed.
Boiler Operator Training at Tuscarora Hardwoods
October 11, 2017 @ 9:00 am - 1:00 pmFree
This event made possible by a grant from West Penn Power Sustainable Energy Fund and is offered free for all attendees thanks to AFS Energy Systems.
This half-day training session is hosted by an operating
saw mill/wood products Boiler Plant operation and provides attendees with the unique opportunity and benefit of receiving the exact same training curriculum usually only provided to purchasers of an AFS Biomass Boiler System.
Learn the trade secrets and insights of the high performance operation of Tuscarora’s modern wood energy system from the engineer who designed it in a “show and tell” venue.
Topics covered: Major System components, Proper operation techniques and procedures, Maintenance, Troubleshooting, FAQs and Safety.
Who should attend?
- Any Present biomass boiler operators as well as those responsible for their on-going training.
- Those considering a biomass boiler system for their facility.
- Energy service companies, School Districts, Facilities Directors, maintenance persons
- All will benefit from this hands on training.
- John Frailey, P.E. has been designing biomass combustion systems for almost 30 years
- Paul Lewandowski -AFS Business Develoment Director
9:00-9:30 AM REGISTRATION AND SIGN IN
(Look for the big Tuscarora Hardwoods sign and pull into the visitors area)
All attendees are to report to the receiving area parking lot where you will directed on where to park and assemble.
9:30-10:30 AM –Welcome, Tour, Instruction
Boiler Plant Tour and discussion on major system components, operation and maintenance procedures.
10:30- 10:45 AM – Break
10:45-11:45 AM— Instruction
Biomass Boiler System FAQs, Troubleshooting, Tricks of the trade, secrets to high performance operation.
12:00- 1:00 PM – LUNCH and Networking
1:00 PM Session Complete